Another day another idea

 I always try to achieve at least one thing in the day. However small. However defeated I might be from previous days experiences in promoting my website. All I can do is progress.

That might be writing a blog, it might be creating some BillingtonPix vintage style designs, it might be posting to BillingtonPix RedBubble designs and patterns. Whatever it is the only way to progress is to progress. One step at a time. 

Break down the huge milestones into smaller achievable chunks. For example I am currently pushing out all my BillingtonPix London vintage style t-shirts to Ebay. I spent the past week adding them to my website, then building a landing page to promote them. Now I am trying to get them to Ebay where they will enjoy the most traffic. But that is so much hard work in terms of categorisation and waiting for the pages to update. It just takes forever. I also have a background task to ensure that they are all indexed on Google and that all my SEO strategies are working. Sometimes I just need a break from it all.

Whenever I need a break I always revert to my digital design. That is the bread and butter of what I do and why I love it all so much. It is the reason I am here. I do have a geeky soft spot for getting all the SEO to work and understanding the Google algorithm, plus getting under the hood of my website to customise it to the maximum. But aside from that, designing retro style patterns is what I enjoy the most.4

So with the Ebay upload task lurking I have just broken in down into smaller goals to complete every day or so. I had pressure in my last 9-5 job and I'm not going to have it now. 

I also find having a trawl on YouTube for the latest tips and tricks is always a good relaxant for me. There's only so much data entry that someone can achieve in one day! I am far too creative to be consumed by that, lol.

As it is summer I'm also breaking off in the day to wander in the garden or to enjoy an ice cream in the sunshine for a few moments before returning to my laptop.

How do you control your time and your stress? Exercise is also great for the mind. Let me know your thoughts.

For further ideas check out our BillingtonPix Pinterest Shop. This contains a complete feed of all our products from BillingtonPix.com as well as a collation of pins from my BillingtonPix.RedBubble.com shop, my BillingtonPix Zazzle store, my BillingtonPix TeePublic shop. my BillingtonPix Society6 shop as well as numerous cool pins I've spotted along the way!

BillingtonPix Shop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

80s Memphis Phone Cases

Buy Urban Photography Online

What is Mid-Century Modern design?